Help raise money for Broadwater School all year round with www.easyfundraising.org.uk
Find our private group on Facebook "Broadwater - Tooting - PTA"
Your 2019 PTA team
In February we held the PTA Annual General Meeting to elect a Chair, Treasurer and Committee members for the coming year. Your wonderful new PTA heroes for this year are:
Chair - Nazima Khan
Treasurer - Anthony Baines
Secretary - Aicha Belkadi
Committee Members - Iain Davis, Vijay Pamnani, Maria Strzalkowska-Guerra
To view minutes from the AGM click here.
We are a friendly and helpful group made up of parents and teachers and look forward to a successful and fun year. Please come and say hello in the playground - photographs to follow so names can be put to faces
Welcome to Broadwater Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
Broadwater PTA is a voluntary organisation made up of parents, teachers and school staff and has been a registered charity since 2013 (Registered Charity No: 1150858). Our key goals are:
- To raise funds to enrich the education of all children at Broadwater Primary School and support school activities;
- To help build a sense of community between parents, staff and others associated with the school;
- To ensure that children enjoy their time at Broadwater by providing fun social events and other PTA sponsored activities.
As a parent or carer of a child at Broadwater, you are automatically part of the PTA and we welcome anyone who would like to get involved. The skills, experience and enthusiasm provided by parents and teachers play a vital role in the PTA’s success and all contributions, big or small, are greatly appreciated.
The important work we do
The PTA runs several events throughout the year including the Summer Fair, Sports Fair and Christmas Fair. In addition to this we organise cake sales, uniform sales and other fun events for pupils, parents, and staff to enjoy. Money from these fundraising activities benefit all children at Broadwater and support the school, allowing them to buy new equipment, books and run school trips that otherwise would not be possible.
In 2018 we made a huge £9,479. Thank you so much to everyone – parents, teachers, businesses, and our sponsors PlusRooms and Madson Black – that contributed to this amazing amount. It really is a joint effort and a great achievement!
Hand in hand we can – how you can help
Contributing to the PTA can be a great way to gain confidence, meet other parents and learn new skills.
- Attend the weekly coffee morning held every Thursday morning from 8:50 – 10:30AM in the Community Room.
- Keep an eye out for news, events and meeting dates on our PTA boards by the playground entrance and in the main hall
- Sign up to our private PTA Facebook group – Broadwater-Tooting-PTA
- Sign up to our mailing list by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Speak to one of your friendly committee members!
We always need people to:
- Share ideas – this is your school and we value your input so if you have an idea about fundraising or an event, please get in touch!
- Help at upcoming events either on the day or help with preparations
We are currently looking to create a:
- Publicity team – ideal for anyone with a creative eye or an interest/ background in graphic design, marketing, advertising, PR to produce posters, newsletters, make exciting displays on the PTA boards, contact the local press or help manage sponsorship deals
- Raffle team – to assist with raffle prize collection for our main Summer and Winter events
Contact us to find out more: email@example.com
Help us by collecting free donations every time you shop online. Follow these 3 easy steps:
- Join: Head to easyfundraising and search for Broadwater Primary School to start fundraising
- Shop: There are nearly 3,000 retailers on board, so pick the one you want and start shopping
- Raise: After you’ve made your purchase, the retailer will make a donation to Broadwater Primary School at no extra cost to you
Ask if your employer offers Match Funding
Many companies offer ‘matched giving’ to their employees - meaning that if you raise funds for the school, they will also donate funds. For example, if you help out at a particular event the company will ‘match’ what that event or staff raises. Please speak to your Charity/Community/Sustainability representative or someone in HR about whether this is something your company does. It could mean even more money to spend on our school!